A typical day in a corporate professionals life , we all know that getting things done on a daily basis is a tough task.Especially in a competitive environment ,we need to continue focusing on certain priorities within a given week , while having to multi-task and striving hard to get some of those planned activities out of the door!
Often innovation and strategy take a seat back admist the fire fighting .
Technology keeps us overly connected and ever busy, as if busy were somehow a measure of success.No!
“If you don’t change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever.Is that good news? ~ DOUGLAS ADAMS”
But here is a book that caught my attention,because it makes sense to all of us who are caught up in our so called ‘busy-ness’ and failing at times , to reflect upon our actions & activities. Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters- by Michael Bungay Stanier
“And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.~ STEVE JOBS.”
When all is said and done, a lot more is said than done.~ LOU HOLTZ
Great Work is what we all want more of. This is the work that is meaningful to you, that has an impact and makes a difference. It inspires, stretches, and provokes. Great Work is the work that matters.
So here are some of the top highlighters or tips shared by readers:1) The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.
2) What can you do more of that makes a difference, shifts the balance, has an impact, adds beauty, changes the status quo, creates something worth being created, improves life, moves things forward, reduces waste, engages people, or allows love?
3) Great Work,is not a standard of delivery.its about standard of impact and meaning.
4) It’s often easy to deliver Bad Work and Good Work at an excellent level.
5) Abundant organizations take work relationships beyond high-performing teams to high-relating teams.
6)Corporate leaders, in particular, are experts at proclaiming some sort of Great Work as the next quest for their organizations.But most organizations are deeply rooted in delivering Good Work and sustaining the way things are, so that there’s minimal interruption to that Good Work.
7) Taking a stand for Great Work means in some small (or significant) way swimming against the tide.
8) The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it) but “That’s funny. .
9) In today’s complex world, simply being willing and able to do one’s work is not enough. We need to find meaning in the work we do.
10) Its never too late.”Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending. CARL BARD”
Thank you – Amazon.com , readers ! #gratitude for your noted comments & Highlights .
Also interestingly,Watch this video on Change your Future -by Career Hack
- The Great Work: Realizing Your Potential through Expanding Your Creative Human Intelligences (villasophiasalon.wordpress.com)
- Get UNSTUCK in your Career! Watch this short video or go over towww.careerhack.in